Cape Cod Select GF Breakfast Bars
inspired by Outpost Co-Op, Milwaukee WI
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom of a 10x10" baking pan with a parchment paper sling, making sure it comes up all sides of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, brown sugar, almonds and salt. Add melted butter and mix well. The mix should be soft and crumble. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture and press the remaining mixture firmly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put cranberries, sugar and orange juice in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about two minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, combine water, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir into cranberry mixture until thick, about a minute, then remove from heat.
6. Bake bars 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. To cut bars, lift the parchment sling out of the pan and cut into desired sized bars. The bars will keep a few days in the fridge.