To start when I want to get out and shop here's my favorite local Milwaukee area sustainable shopping options:
* Whole Foods - Yes, it's not just for groceries. They have a small section of clothing, including some local brands. Check online for sales, usually around the holidays.
* H&M - This can be overwhelming but look for the labels with the green "Conscious Collection" hangtags. Those are from sustainable options such as organic cotton, tencel or recycled polyester.
* Fyndig - They are in transition now, looking for a new home but I ran into their booth at an event and bought lots of great fashion items I only read about!
* ReSource - I love this new spot of all recycled or eco friendly finds. Lots of great accessories including some from local artists.
Online here are my go to's:
* Fair Indigo - Still local to me, some people from my ex-employer Lands' End, left to start this fair trade company!
* Patagonia - So innovative, been doing it way before every one else.
* Matt & Nat - This was my first sustainable fashion purchase. About 6 years ago was in Texas of all places when I came across a beautiful handbag made from recycled water bottles. I had to have it and still use it to this day and get tons of compliments on it!